When marking the course today we’ve found an issue at one of the checkpoints which is causing us concern from a safety perspective. We are therefore going to make changes to the checkpoints for tomorrow’s race. We appreciate this is short notice, but your safety is our paramount concern and the changes are very minor and won’t impact your race.
- Checkpoint 1 will still be at the top of the valley approx 6 miles from the start.
- Checkpoint 2 will be approximately 10 miles from the start and just slightly earlier than normal.
- Checkpoint 3 will now be in Strathyre Forestry car park at approximately 15/16 miles which is when you turn to come back.
- Checkpoint 4 will now be at approximately 22 miles.
- Checkpoint 5 – At the top of the valley, checkpoint 1 will now be water-only checkpoint only 3 miles (all downhill) from the finish. There will also be a scavenging table here with leftover food and drinks left by runners.
You can still have up to four drop bags but the distances have changed.
If you were planning to have two drop bags in total, you will now need to split them.
We appreciate this is a last minute change, but if you’re a first-timer, please don’t panic. The above actually means you’ll get more benefit from your last drop bag.
If you have any questions, you can bring them up at registration tonight.
See you soon,
Mike, Bill & Cat.