By applying for a place in the Glenmore 24 Trail Race you are agreeing to abide by the rules below.
There are some specific rules around the relay race which are in-keeping with UK/Scottish Athletics guidelines for this sort of event. We also feel that these rules will ensure that there is a level playing field for all teams in the relay event. As with all of our events, we will review these rules throughout the year, both before and after the race takes place so welcome feedback from runners.
If you are unsure about the meaning of any of these rules, please get in touch with us before race day so we can answer any questions you may have.
- Pacers and support runners are not allowed – this is a solo endurance challenge!
- Look out for your fellow runners and give them all the help & support you’d wish if you were struggling yourself!
- Runners are not allowed to run with dogs. This is a condition of our event insurance.
- Runners must be 20 years of age and over. This is a condition of our event insurance.
- Every solo runner can have one member of support crew with them and will be given one car parking permit. Your crew will be given a wrist band to wear for the weekend and it needs to be worn!
- Runners can use iPods if they wish, but please be aware of fellow runners, marshals issuing instructions and also members of the public who may be on the course.
- Runners must obey the instruction of marshals.
- The decision of either Race Director regarding the race, results or the safety of any runner is final.
- Similarly, the decision of our race Medical Director regarding runner safety is final.
- When runners enter & leave the tented area to meet with their support or get something from their tent, have a rest/sleep etc, they must do so by the designated entrance from the start/finish straight. Any runner seen to be leaving by another point (effectively cutting that lap short) will have that lap discounted from their overall total. Any runner doing this for a second time will be disqualified.
- Race places cannot be transferred to another runner.
- If you cannot take place in the race, please get in touch via email and we can offer a partial refund as per information on the race entry page.
- After 11pm in the 12 hour race and 11am in the 24 hour race, runners will have the option of going out for one more full/long lap or alternatively join the short laps around the Hayfield. If a runner chooses to go for another full lap, they must complete it by 12 midnight/12 midday or the lap will not count.
- The use of walking poles is prohibited.
- BAM Racing maintain the right to refuse or revoke entry to any applicant, where they believe that accepting the entry could prejudice the event, BAM Racing, event sponsors, associates or staff. This right of refusal extends to include applications where acceptance is considered by BAM Racing to be likely to infringe upon the enjoyment of any persons connected with the event, including staff, marshals, volunteers & other competitors.
- Muling is not allowed – runners must carry their own items of food, water and any kit on each lap.
- Rules may be added if and when circumstances arise. These rules are for the safety of everyone involved.
- Race Directors reserve the right to grant a place to any runner who in their opinion, has made, or is expected to make a contribution to the overall success of the race.
- By entering this race we’ll add you to our Newsletter subscription list. If you wish to be removed, simply click the link in the newsletter.