RACE ENTRIES FOR 2017 ARE NOW OPEN – closing 5th July.
The 2017 race will give finishers three points for the Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc® series of races in 2018.
- We will also have a small number of places available for runners whose West Highland Way Race does not go to plan and who in our opinion are ready to take part in The Great Glen. If you fall in to this category, please contact us directly.
- The 2017 race will start at 1am on the 8th of July from Neptune’s Staircase outside Fort William.
- Bus transfer from Inverness to the race start is available for an additional fee of £10 per runner.
- The race is designed to be run self-supported.
- We will provide water at all checkpoints, with hot water and refreshments at the end.
- Runners can leave kit and food in “drop bags” which will be transported to each Checkpoint for their use during the race.
- If you are unable to take part in the race, we will refund 50% of your entry fee if you notify us in writing before or on the 31st of May.
- We regret that we cannot refund any entry fees if you pull out after this date.
- If you have completed The West Highland Way Race, you will not be able to take part in the Great Glen Ultra in the same calendar year. The only exception to this will be for anyone who had to retire early from the WHW race due to injury. If you fall in to this category, please get in touch with us before entering.
- We gather some extra information during the entry process. Information like Emergency Contact can be changed before race day, but obviously if you are able to enter this information now, it makes things easier for all of us.
- We hold a prize giving for all finishers in the stadium on the Sunday. We will then retire to have food and drinks in Inverness.
- All runners will automatically be entered-into the Scottish Ultra Marathon Series (SUMS).
- By requesting a place in the race you are certifying that you have read, understood and agree to abide by the Race Rules.
Updated: 19th November 2016