Our race is run under Scottish Athletics guidelines and UK Athletics event insurance.
We don’t have many rules, but we expect all runners to be aware of them when entering one of our events and to follow them to the letter. When you apply for a place in the race, you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to abide by these rules. These rules are both to ensure your safety and also to safeguard the future of the race itself. We also want every runner who takes part to feel like there is an absolute level playing field in place.
The question about outside support is one which is clearly defined below. However, if you are in any doubt about something, ask yourself this. If there’s 150 people in the race and I’m the only person whose partner is meeting me on the course to give me food, drink, change my socks, is that fair?
The race is approximately 70 miles long and you have 22 hours to cover the distance. There is a cut-off for the Drumnadrochit checkpoint of 16:30 which is based on our experience over the last couple of years and is to ensure runner safety on the final sections to Inverness.
- Look out for your fellow runners & give them all the support & help you’d wish for if you were struggling yourself!
- Runners are not allowed to run with dogs. This is a condition of our event insurance.
- Runners must be 21 years of age and over. This is a condition of our event insurance.
- Runner can use iPods if they wish. However, please be aware of your fellow runner, marshals issuing instructions and also members of the public who may be on the route.
- Headphones must be removed at the approach to any road crossing and whilst running on any road section.
- Runners must obey the instruction of race marshals who are empowered by the Race Director’s to make decisions on our behalf.
- Please remember though, that the primary role of our marshals is to ensure your safety.
- The decision of either Race Director regarding the race, results or the safety of any runner is final.
- This race is designed to be run unsupported. Support crews are not permitted.
- Walking poles are not permitted.
- Race places cannot be transferred to another runner.
- If you cannot take place in the race, please get in touch via email and we can offer a partial refund as per information on the race entry page.
- Support runners, cyclists and pacers are prohibited.
- Runners are not to receive support at any point on the course itself other than within the designated checkpoints.
- No muling (someone carrying your kit for you) is allowed.
- Mandatory kit consists of two items – 1. A full sized foil space/survival blanket and 2. A working mobile phone with the race control contact number pre-programmed in it.
- Other food & kit required should be based on your own experience and common sense.
- The only exception to this is where we expect to see extremes of weather – i.e. full waterproof cover required if there is heavy and un-relenting rain.
- The race is designed to be run UNSUPPORTED. Support crews are not allowed.
- Friends and family who have come to spectate the race should be aware of the best places to see their runner from.
- Rules may be added if and when circumstances arise. These rules are for the safety of everyone involved.
- BaM Racing maintain the right to refuse or revoke entry to any applicant, where they believe that accepting the entry could prejudice the event, BAM Racing, event sponsors, associates or staff. This right of refusal extends to include applications where acceptance is considered by BAM Racing to be likely to infringe upon the enjoyment of any persons connected with the event, including staff, marshals, volunteers & other competitors.
- There is a swing-bridge near the race finish which opens to allow boats through. Runners must obey the associated road signals and instruction from the operator when they reach this section.
- If there are any appeals about the race results or decisions made, these must be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 48 hours of the race finishing. Each appeal will be reviewed by the race director team and if we feel necessary, will be passed to an independent adjudicator.
- By entering this race we’ll add you to our Newsletter subscription list. If you wish to be removed, simply click the link in the newsletter.
Any breach of these rules by a runner or their spectators may result in disqualification of the runner or a time penalty being imposed.