We are running a small wait list, places will be taken on a first come first serve basis, and allocated if the total runner numbers entered drop below 500. I will email you a race place and you have 24 hours to respond. If you do not respond within that 24hrs I will offer your place to the next person on the waiting list.
If you accept the place offered you will need to transfer your entry fee to us before you are included on the start list.
The Glen Ogle 33 – 5th November 2016
So, what’s the skinny on the race itself. Here’s what you need to know…..
There will be 500 places available. There will be no reserve list this year as we’re not the UTMB so can’t afford to pay someone to do the admin on servicing a reserve list. You wouldn’t believe how much time is spent keeping on top of that sort of stuff….
- The course is 33 miles (ish) long.
- There’s some hills in it.
- You don’t need to be able to navigate – course will be fully marked.
- We provide water at the checkpoints, but no cups #BAMgoesgreen
- There will be some weather.
- You can use drop-bags at the checkpoints.
- Nae dugs, nae poles, nae crew, nae muling…just dinnae cheat….
- The two items of mandatory kit are a full sized foil emergency space blanket and a working mobile phone with the race control number pre-programmed in to it.
- Finishing this year’s race will gain you 2 points towards qualifying for UTMB events based on their new points scheme.
We think its the perfect race for anyone thinking of popping their ultra marathon cherry. There’s a good mix of uphills & downhills, its not tricky or technical underfoot and you’ll be running alonside the friendliest bunch of Bams you can imagine.
- The 2016 race will start and finish in Breadlabane Park, Killin
- Race entry fee will be £21 (SAL) and £23 (non-SAL)
- All finishers will get a goody bag which includes a race medal.
- Race t-shirts will be available at an additional cost. Pre-ordering will open at the same time as the race entry.
- Please check out our sponsors and supporters, Ultimate Direction, Buff, Injinji, Out-Run Trail Running, Thistly Cross Cider, Nairns, Tunnocks, Howlett Design and Purple Re:gn. All can be found on Facebook and Twooter.
- Tickets will be £3.50 and limited to 200.
- The ceilidh is BYOB.
- In return, we’ll provide the music, courtesy of the braw Reely Jiggered (http://www.reelyjiggered.co.uk)
- We’ll also give you some food to recharge your dancing batteries as the night goes on.
- Tickets will be available to collect at race registration in Killin.
- All ticket sales will be donated to Cancer Research UK/Killin Committee. Last year, between ticket sales, the coffee and cake stall and a raffle on the night, BAM raised £1700 for the charity.
Best of luck with your training, we look forward to seeing you in November!
Please note that by purchasing race entry to this race, you are confirming that you have read, understood and agree to follow the race rules which can be found here.